When you wish
from Jan 02. to Dec 30.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Entrance fees (we can provide tickets online reservation on request)
- Meet your licensed guide by the ticket office.
- On your two hours guided tour of Pompeii we will try to bring the entire city back to life, describing the culture of the time, the role of the family, the relationships between generations, the conditions of women, marriage, the role of the slaves, the clothing of the different social classes; the politics and government of the city, the methods of electoral propaganda; the production of bread, trade and commerce, clothes dyeing, the religious life with its various temples.
- Your local expert guide will bring to life the remains of Pompeii that will include many insights into how life was in Roman Times.
POMPEII BY TRAIN FROM NAPLES
A lot of people who wish to visit Pompeii use to get the train from Rome to Naples central station (train ride: 70 minutes).
- From Naples to go to Pompei you have to purchase ticket for the Circumvesuviana train (pay attention: is a different railway! tickets are available in any tabac shop for 2,80€ p.p. one way), then walk downstairs to the tracks. This local train departs about every 30 minutes (you have to catch the line to Sorrento) and the train ride from Naples to Pompei takes about 35 minutes .
- Get off the train at Pompei Scavi, also known as the "VILLA DEI MISTERI" station.
- Here you will meet our licensed guide holding a sign with your name on it.